My quick top 5 beauty "secrets"
I don't do a whole lot of research or devote a lot of my time to finding the best beauty options out there, but there's no argument when I come across something that I can honestly say "it's really does work!"
But we all have different bodies, skin, hair, shapes and sizes, not only our clothing size, but even our eye lids are all different. So I know not one thing could possibly work on every girl out there. But, for some ideas to try, (if you haven't already tried these,) keep reading:
1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance - Eye shadow primer that WORKS! I honestly have no idea how I wore eye shadow before I found this. If I skip a day, I always regret it, because my shadow seems to wear off and crease within an hour or so! With this stuff, it'll last the entire day and through!
2. Jergens Natural Glow Express, and Daily Moisturizer. For a copper toned head and fair skinned girl like me, this is the kind of tanning I can work with! I stay away from tanning beds and I'm very careful as too how much sun I allow my skin to absorb. My family has skin cancer history throughout, and I just don't want to play with fire. (No pun intended haha.) The Express is a good start when you need a quick tan. (You can apply once or twice and then continue with the moisturizer.) It's fairly easy to blend in, and though you do need to be careful about small streaks around your wrists or ankles, it's not hard to use and it won't make you look like an oompa loompa! The Daily Moisturizer is what you can use daily as a lotion, SPF 20 sun screen, and plus it's keeps up the good looking bronze! It doesn't stain your hands either. With either one, you can use it less or more depending on how much color YOU want. (Don't let a bottle decide for you how tan you need to be. He's normally wrong.)
3. Bikini Zone Anti Bumps Shaving Gel and Medicated Cream. No matter how you deal with it, taking care of that bikini area is an obnoxious pain. Bikini Zone products really are pretty nice. The gel is great for the shower and then applying the cream afterward actually does work. Let's be real, no one wants to see an embarrassing amount of red bumps lining those cute bathing suit bottoms! Not to mention, ouch!!
4. Loreal Infallible Plumping (that's a word?) Lipgloss. Now, I know not all of us are huge fans of gloss. It's sticky, wears off quickly, and sticks to your hair as soon as the wind slightly picks up. But I have to say, I like this gloss! It's more of a color with gloss anyway. It seems to really last too. Have I timed myself wearing it to see how long? No. But every time I do wear it, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how long it lasts before it wears off. I mean let's be real (again) here, The commercials tell us we can wear a certain lipstick for a whole eight hours while eating drinking, kissing our boyfriend, then a baby's forehead, and then some more drinks, and it's STILL NOT GONE! Yeah.... about that. I'm not sure that's even possible, unless you really stain your lips. So though you might need to fix 'em up a bit after you eat, I don't think it'll kill you. But for wanting your lips to last for more than a couple hours, try this one! Lots of greats shades to choose from too! My personal pick for an everyday look, is "806 Plumped Tawny."
5. Dove Go Sleeveless. I just recently started using this, as I saw the add for it. It's supposed to be good for bumps and irritation. My under arms happen to have quite the problem with that, and I'm a shave-very-often girl. So I bought it. And so far, I like it. It does soften and reduce irritation. But I know some of you need more sweat protection, or something that smells fresh or fruity. This is fragrance free unfortunately. And since it's currently below freezing where I live, I haven't had much of a chance to see if it holds up to my sweat level yet. I'll wait for summer for that.
Ok, one more *bonus* product I want to share. 6. Clinique Moisture Surge, tinted Moisturizer SPF 15. I LOVE this stuff! I don't like to wear a liquid foundation every day. But I also need to even out my skin tones on my face, and liquid helps that more than anything. So, this stuff is my hero. It is a liquid, and it acts like a foundation, but it's not as heavy, not as thick, and it helps your skin at the same time! I use it a lot more often for a foundation. Plus, the SPF is good for summer when I'm headed to the lake for the day. :)
Well, those are just a few of my favorite beauty secrets, that aren't really secrets. ;)
If you have any you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them!